Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Books

Katie has always loved books, but I love to see her relationship with books change over time. These days, her bedtime story routine has changed. Instead of just listening to her stories, Katie likes me to read the story to her and then when I'm done, she reads the story to Winnie the Pooh. She doesn't like me to look at her when she's reading because the story is for Winnie the Pooh, but I still listen. I love her retellings and I love to hear her voices for different characters. The other night she was reading Cinderella, and in her version:

* The prince is from China.
* The prince needs to get a lot of envelopes, so he can write invitations to the ball. Every time he licks an envelope, he says, "Yuck!"
* Cinderella gets to the ball and then quickly says, "I've gotta go but thanks for the dance!"

Other than bedtime, Katie just loves to read. More and more often, she just grabs a book and reads and reads - even when she's in the bathroom! It makes the teacher in me very happy!

The other morning, I caught her reading one of the first books that she learned by heart, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? I was glad she didn't see me, so I could get a recording of it.

Enjoying Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment