Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, June 16, 2014

More Planting

The PTA at school was selling some tomato plants in order to raise money for our school garden, so I decided to get four plants to try to grow on our back patio. There were a lot of different kinds of tomatoes. Since I don't know a lot about tomatoes, I just chose the last two plants that were specifically labeled "red" in the title. Then I chose another plant with a tomato name I didn't recognize. Lastly, I chose a plant labeled, "Unknown." I thought it would be a nice surprise to see what grows on that one.

When Katie found out I brought home tomato plants, she jumped up and down. Tomatoes are one of her favorite treats. Before we planted, we went off to buy more soil and ended up getting some strawberry plants as well.  I hope we can get at least one tomato and one strawberry, and I hope if we do, we get them before the wild rabbits!

We got all of our supplies ready before we did anything else. 

First, I helped plant the strawberry plants. 

Then I helped with the tomato plants. 

I thought the cages around the tomatoes were funny.

By the second tomato pot, I was an expert. 

I loved using the watering gun to water them! 

When we were done, I sang and danced for the tomatoes. "Grow, tomatoes, grow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment