Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

When we hit Norway in Epcot, we stopped at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for lunch. It is a restaurant that is built like a castle, and they serve a lunch with princesses. Katie was impressed with all the princesses, while Ian didn't know what to make of them. For him, they definitely weren't as exciting as Donald Duck.

One of the princesses that Katie had never met was Mulan. She ended up talking to her a bit more than the other princesses. Katie let Mulan know that she was born in the same country as she was. As all princesses are, Mulan was extremely nice in reaction, and the two had a small conversation about Mulan's life in China.

After lunch, the restaurant has a Princess Parade. All of the girls in the restaurant are invited to parade through the restaurant with the princesses as music plays. Katie was lucky enough to lead Mulan's line.

Belle was waiting for me right inside the restaurant door!

I had never met Aurora before.  

Snow White is always nice to me. 

I also found Cinderella! 

This is what Ian thought of the princesses. 

Mulan was born in China just like me. Ian was impressed with that!

We talked for awhile about which parts of China we were from.

When I met Mulan, she taught me how to pose like her.

After I ate, I tried to have a serious talk with Ian about the joy that princesses bring, but he wanted to play with his arms instead. I decided to just play with him until the Princess Parade.

The Princess Parade

1 comment: