Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, March 13, 2015

An Evening with Ian

After Katie's makeover, we met up with Jeff, Grace, and Ian again. Jeff was taking Grace out to dinner for her birthday, so we went back to their hotel and took care of Ian. It was so much fun that night just to sit back and watch Katie and Ian interact.

Ian was kind enough to show Katie his treasures - his cars. He was even willing to share his cars with Katie. Katie was thrilled at the opportunity to play with him, so she joined in pretty easily.

They played for awhile, and then it was time to walk over and get dinner. At that point, Katie came up with one of her funny lines. "Ian, let's go so people can see me!" (This coming from the girl that tended to hide behind us when people called her Snow White or complimented her on her dress. I guess she liked the attention better than she let on!)

While trying to figure out dinner, Jennifer waited with Katie and Ian right outside the cafeteria. While they waited, Katie decided that she should teach Ian to ballroom dance with her. Ian was a pretty good sport, but he needed Katie's assistance to know how to wrap his arms around her. It was funny to watch them.

When we returned to the hotel room, Ian went straight back to his cars while Katie tried to get him to act out Snow White with Ian starring as Prince Charming. Ian was having none of that, so he played with cars as Katie followed him and told him the Snow White story. For Katie, the night came to an end too quickly. She would have been happy to do nothing but play with Ian for the entire trip!

I couldn't believe that it was all up to me to babysit Ian! It was my lucky day!

Ian didn't really need my help with his shoes, but I wanted to help him anyway. 

Ian has all sorts of fun when he plays with his cars.

He showed me how to use the runner on the bed as a road. 

Even though I'm very much a girly girl, I have fun with cars too! 

For some reason, Ian liked to make the cars crash on the floor. I just joined in with him. 

We don't know why the adults didn't lie on the hotel room carpet. We loved it! 

After I played with his cars, Ian showed me how to run his train. That was fun!

Ian and I decided to use part of our extra energy!

We walked together to go over to dinner.

Let's stop and hug! 

Ian decided it was more fun to go eat than to hug all night.

I was trying hard to teach Ian the proper way to dance with a princess!

When we got back from dinner, I continued to work on Ian's dancing. 

We danced for awhile, and then... 

…everyone convinced me to let Ian play with his cars again. I played princesses without him, but I secretly knew he was happy to be Prince Charming! 

After all of our playing, my Snow White bow felt a little out of place, so... 

…I took it off and let Ian try it on. 

Goodnight, Prince Charming!

No comments:

Post a Comment