Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, March 16, 2015

An Evening in the Hotel

After visiting Universal Studios, Katie was full of energy when we got back to the hotel. The first thing she wanted to do when we got to the hotel was to play with the magic wands that Jennifer had gotten. She told Jennifer that she wanted to learn how to use it, so of course, Jennifer played along. She decided to teach Katie some of the magic words from the Harry Potter books and just changed some of the magical results from the spells.

Jennifer was sitting right next to the TV remote, so she told Katie that the wand could magically turn on the TV. Well, you can probably guess her plan…Katie does her spell, and Jennifer secretly turns on the TV. I thought it was smart, but at first, Katie didn't fall for it at all. She kept turning around to Jennifer and saying, "I want to do it now without you touching that (the remote control)."

Eventually Jennifer convinced Katie that she had to face the TV the whole time, so the magic would work and that did the trick. Katie was absolutely convinced that she had the ability to use magic to turn the TV off and on!

After the magic show, Katie did what she did almost every night. The toys she had packed in her suitcase came out, and she did her coloring. She was very content in the hotel room!

Aunt Jennifer taught me all of the magic words to complete my spells!

I learned how to use magic pretty fast. 

Sometimes you have to be patient for the magic to work. 

This was my magic show in action!

I loved my toys at the end of the day. 

I found it was easiest just to spread the contents of my suitcase across the whole floor. 

Every night, I colored or wrote my letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment