Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Seeing Ariel

After we rode the Dumbo ride, Jennifer went back to meet my mom, Jeff, Grace, and Ian for the Electrical Parade. I decided to wait in line with Katie to see Ariel. It was going to be a tight squeeze for us to see Ariel and get to the parade, but we thought it was worth a try.

Katie was so excited to see Ariel at Disney World. She had seen her a couple of times at Disneyland, but at Disney World, Ariel is a mermaid. In Disneyland, she's a princess with human legs. Who knew a tail would be so exciting, but to Katie, it was.

As we waited in line, Katie talked and talked about Ariel "with a tail." Then when we got up to see her, she was in such awe. I have never seen her interact so little with a character verbally, but she was in such quiet happiness! Awestruck is the only way I can think of to describe her.  I have to say Ariel was pretty amazing. She looked, sounded, and acted very much like the character in the cartoon.

Even though Katie was quiet with Ariel, she could not contain her excitement as we left. It was so amazing to her to meet her favorite mermaid. After we were home, Katie continued to tell stories of Ariel. She'd often say things like, "I forgot to tell Ariel that her fork was a fork and not a dinglehopper." "I forgot to tell Ariel I loved her tail!"

 Ariel told me she knew I was coming. Scuttle had told her to expect me!

 She showed me her dinglehopper.

She was pretty happy about finding the dinglehopper. 

Scuttle told her that humans comb their hair with them, so she showed me how it worked. I forgot to tell her what a fork was for.

Ariel talked to me for awhile. I wanted to get words out, but they didn't come. I just couldn't believe where I was! 

Even though I was quiet, I hope she knew how much I loved her! 

I kept looking at my mom as I hugged Ariel good-bye! I bet she couldn't believe I was with a mermaid!

No comments:

Post a Comment