Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, December 25, 2017

An Early Christmas Surprise

Katie, my mom, and I were out doing some last minute Christmas shopping the day before Christmas Eve. We had to stop at the pet store for some cat litter. As we drove into the parking lot, I joked to Katie, "Should we adopt a cat for Grandma and Grandpa?" Of course, Katie said yes, and I waited for my mom to disagree, but she stayed silent. I told Katie we would just look at the cats.

To our surprise, there were some kittens that had been brought over from Hawaii because their pet shelter was overcrowded. In that group of kittens, there were two orange kittens, and we all love orange kittens. The workers let Katie hold the two orange cats and said the rescue organization would be there in a couple of hours if we were interested.

A couple of hours later, we were back. There was only one orange kitten left, and we adopted him. Katie immediately fell in love with the kitten, who was quickly named The Incredible Mr. Limpet. She wanted to keep him, and my mom was happy to let him stay with us. The only problem is that Bingle has always been a one-cat-household type of a cat.

For now, The Incredible Mr. Limpet is still with us as we monitor Bingle's health and happiness. Katie is really hoping Bingle learns to love him!

I was so happy when I found out we could take this kitten home! 

We didn't have many cat toys at home. Luckily, The Incredible Mr. Limpet discovered he could take the ornaments off of our tree to play with! 

He fell asleep for awhile in his pet carrier from the store. 

I covered him in my doll pajamas! 

Then I taught him to start listening to books. 

He is perfect! 

We played for awhile in my kitchen until... 

...it was time to get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment