Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Gingerbread Houses

Whenever I have my students build gingerbread houses at school, I always save some of the leftover supplies for Katie to make a gingerbread house at home. She loves making them!

All of my supplies were laid out, and I was ready to go! 

First, I had to add frosting to the sides of my house. 

Then it was time to add the sides.

Once the sides and roof were on, I started adding the details.

I knew I wanted M&Ms on the rooftop.

I added some Red Hots to the other side. 

I was liking what I saw!

I had some little gingerbread men than I placed under the eaves. 

Doesn't it look cute up there? 

Then I began to add more landscaping...trees, snowmen, and more. 

It was a little sticky but worth it!

I wanted some sort of sidewalk, and licorice did the trick. 

I loved the end result! Here is the back, and... 

...here is the front! 

I told my mom what my favorite parts were. First, I liked the snowman in front that I made a scarf for, so he would be warm.

I also liked the tall marshmallow Santa Claus I added to the roof. 

Finally, I liked my snowman with a Hershey Kiss hat. I had fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment