Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Peace Field

After visiting the first houses of the Adams, we took the trolley to Peace Field. After John Adams had spent time in France and became accustomed to a fancier way of life, he moved into a larger house with his family. Once again, we had such a good tour guide who was so excited by the history of the houses that she made us excited.

After going through the house, we went behind the house to the Stone Library. This library was the idea of John Quincy Adams, but it was his son who saw the project through. The library has more than 12,000 books in it including books from both of the presidents. We loved it!

I thought Peace Field was beautiful as we walked towards it! 

Our tour guide chose me to use the knocker on the door before we went in the house. I was pretty excited when she told me it was the same knocker that President Adams had used - just like me! 

After knocking, I was the first one in the house! 

This is the room where John Adams worked. He ended up dying in this room on the 4th of July, 1826.

I was excited as I walked towards the Stone Library. I wondered what it was going to look like. 

I loved this library! There were books on every wall from floor to ceiling.  

A lot of books had bookmarks sticking out of them. They represented places where artifacts had been found. Not long before we visited, part of George Washington's inaugural speech had been found that had been handwritten by George Washington himself!

Bye, Peace Field! I loved seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment