Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Zoo Day

Over the summer, we always have to visit the zoo at least one time.

When we got to the zoo, the workers offered me a passport for a Zoo Quest. I had to read clues, find the animals that the clue was describing, and get a stamp at the station set up. In the end, I would get a prize for finding them all. I was all about that! 

The first animals I had to find were the seals!

I was excited because one of the seals was on the rocks. I've never seen them out sunbathing!

Afterward, I stopped for my stamp. Before I could get the stamp, I got to learn about conservation at each stop. 

It was a really hot day, so we stopped in the shade whenever we could. 

I had never seen these statues before, so I had fun playing with them. 

I was excited to stop by the flamingoes since I was wearing one on my shirt. 

They always seem to be sleeping when I go by their area. 

The air was cooler in my favorite cave than it was outside. 

We had so much fun watching the lions this time. Two of the young lions started playing, and they played like my cats. They have a pond area there, and as they played, one lion jumped all the way across the pond! 

I had to head over to the elephants for my quest. This was another statue I found that I had never seen before either! 

I love to stop at the salmon wall. The water always feels so good on a hot day. 

When we were almost about to leave, I saw two baby mountain goats! I had forgotten there were mountain goat babies, and they were so cute! 

I could watch zoo babies all day long. 

What could be cuter? 

As we got to the end of the zoo, I showed all of my stamps in my passport, and I got a magnet! I loved it! 

I always request to have lunch at the zoo before we go home! 

We had a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment