Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, August 12, 2018

The Kennedy Library

While we were in the New England area, we had the opportunity to do several president-related things. The first morning in Boston, we decided to head to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. It's a beautiful building located in a beautiful spot!

When we went to catch the subway, it reminded me of being in London!

 I like to ride the subway.

After we got to our subway stop, we got to get on a shuttle that took us to the museum. I couldn't wait to get there! 

Aunt Jennifer was my photo buddy a lot of the time there. This was right before we headed into the library. 

We got to stand in front of the presidential seal. 

I got to read all about President Kennedy writing a note on this coconut shell when he was in the Navy in order to get help. 

In this room, I got to hear President Kennedy's inaugural address and follow the speech on the papers. I like to focus on the words of former presidents. 

Of course, my eye was drawn to this beautiful gown that Jacqueline Kennedy wore. I loved it! 

In this room, there was a replica of the Oval Office. Aunt Jennifer taught me about it. 

While we were there, I saw a video that had Martin Luther King, Jr. in it. I was so excited to hear his voice because I remembered learning about him at school! 

I listened to him talk for awhile. 

This was the last room before we went outside. It had such a pretty view! 

Everywhere I looked was a different nice view. 

We were, again, just collecting words and taking them in. 

Once we were outside, we went to see President Kennedy's boat, the Victura. 

It was a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment