Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Family Picnic

Last weekend, we decided to get out of the house and go to one of our favorite places - Lost Lake. For the first time, we happened to choose a day with rain to go. We figured we might get a few drops of rain, and it wouldn't hurt us. The weather stayed dry until after we ate, and then it rained fairly hard. Luckily we had coats, and a lot of time, the trees also blocked part of the rain. It's such a pretty place - rain or sun.

Katie was excited to have a real picnic. She has lots of imaginary picnics on our living room floor, but a real one is even better.  She really didn't eat a lot but liked unpacking the food and playing at the table.

With the rain picking up after lunch, we didn't go on a hike like we usually do, but Katie had the opportunity to play by the lake. Aunt Jennifer threw a rock into the lake, and when the splash hit, Katie's smile grew. It wasn't long before lots of rocks were splashing.

I was excited for our picnic. 

We had a nice, but cool, lunch. 

I kept all of the fruit for my lunch. 

My mom liked this tree and made me stand here. I didn't really care about the tree though. 

I did like the soft needles on this tree though. 

We didn't go on a long hike, but I got to go on a short one to the bridge. 

Don't you love looking over a bridge and watching the water below? 

When I got back from the bridge, I noticed my hands were dirty. 

I decided to play at the table while Grandma got something to wash my hands. 

A storm was heading our way. 

Aunt Jennifer reminded me how much fun rock-throwing was. 

There were so many rocks to choose from. 

Ready, set, go! Splash! 

I liked watching this man in the boat. He got in the boat when it was right next to me. 

After throwing rocks for awhile, I found out that sticks float on top of the water. 

Don't you guys want to go throw rocks in the lake? 

Lost Lake is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment