Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Guess Who's Three?

It seems crazy to me that Katie is already three years old. She's pretty excited about her new milestone. Ever since she went to her friend, Emory's, birthday party, she has loved talking about parties…not just parties, but "Emory's party." It was finally time for her own party.

Since Katie celebrated Aunt Jennifer's birthday at the beginning of August and mine at the end, she was more focused on other people's birthdays instead of her own.  However, in the last couple of days, she started to realize that it was actually her birthday coming up. She's been wishing herself a happy birthday, practicing holding up three fingers, and talking about cupcakes.

I decided to make Katie cupcakes this year since she was asking for them. She helped me make the cupcakes and was happy to take part in the process. I can't say they were the prettiest cupcakes in the world, but Katie and I didn't mind. The hardest part for her was having to wait until the next day before she could taste one.

On the morning of her birthday, I asked her, "Who's birthday is it?" She replied with, "Happy Birthday mine!" I sang "Happy Birthday" to her, and then we had a relaxed morning. My mom and Jennifer decided to take Katie on their morning trip to Starbucks and told her she had to get dressed in order to go. Katie told me she wanted to wear her flower dress and opened her closet door, and pointed to her flower costume that she has recently become interested in again. I let her take her costume to my mom, and I brought some regular clothes. My mom and Jennifer thought she should choose her own birthday outfit, so she was a flower for her birthday.

Later in the day, my mom and Garyldine wanted to decorate the house with balloons, so Jennifer and I took her out of the house. That way, she could return home and be surprised. Thank goodness for my mom and Garyldine since they make the house look a lot more festive than me! We took Katie shopping in her flower costume and then we took her to see her favorite ducks. We still had more time to use, so we took her to my classroom to play with the blocks that she loves.

We returned to the decorated house and to my parents and Garyldine and Jim.  Katie was surprised by the balloons, and as usual for her, it took her awhile to take it all in, but when she did, she loved the decorations. We enjoyed pizza for dinner. Katie had one bite of pizza, and then decided to switch to strawberries for the remainder of her meal. After dinner, Katie enjoyed opening her gifts that had a strong Winnie the Pooh theme, which made Katie happy. Then it was time for cupcakes. I was shocked when Katie ate her whole cupcake since she's never eaten any of her birthday cakes in the past. I guess she likes her own cooking!

After everyone left, she really began to explore her gifts and had such a fun time playing. She was full of birthday joy, and I finally convinced her that it was time for bed at 9:15.  It was a good day!

I love coming to see the ducks. 

I tried to get close enough to the ducks to pet them, but when I ran, they did too! 

Just because I don't give up easily, I chased these ducks too. They ran too. 

Maybe I should just walk next to them. 

I thought it was funny to hold the strawberries between my teeth and get my picture taken. 

I started taking pictures myself. I took this one of Jim and Aunt Jennifer. 

Then I took one of Garyldine and Grandma. 

I got my own Winnie the Pooh movie! 

I liked the fruit in my Super Sorting Pie. 

Look! It's a Lego set! 

I got Candy Land too. 

Garyldine and Jim got me this wagon and the Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal set. 

Bingle was first to take a ride in the wagon. 

Then Garyldine got a turn. 

I blew out the three candles on my cupcake pretty easily. 

My mom and Jim had fun helping me find the Winnie the Pooh figures on my cupcake tower! It was a fun birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment