Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Stepping Out on Her Own

Since Katie enjoyed her dance class this summer, I decided to register her for fall classes as well. Since she turned three, she was able to join the next class, where the kids go in the studio themselves and parents stay outside and watch through the window. I wasn't sure how Katie would do on her own, but I hoped she'd be fine with the transition. This would be the first time that Katie went somewhere on her own without one of us with her. I was glad that she would still have the same teacher that she loved from the summer, bringing the familiarity that she craves.

I spent the morning of the dance class talking up the excitement of going back to dancing and being in the "big girl class." As much as I talked, she seemed far from excited.

When we walked into the building, Katie looked around and said hello to some of the other dancers. She was excited to see her dance teacher, but she didn't want to say hi to her. She wanted me too instead. Then she decided to sit on my lap and not venture away. Although I don't think I ever let her see any of my doubt, I really started wondering what was about to happen.

Her dance teacher came out and said, "Come on, my little ballerinas!" Katie's face lit up in a smile, she jumped off my lap, ran after her teacher, and never looked back. I looked into the studio where she happily ran after another student until her teacher was ready. I was happy that she was so comfortable. She really does love her dancing!

I ran straight after Miss Moriah when it was time to start!

Miss Moriah gave us stamps for doing a good job. I was excited to show my stamps to Grandma!

Even when our class was over, I kept twirling! Dancing makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment