Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Welcome Home, Aunt Jennifer!

Jennifer went on a business trip to Wisconsin last week, and we all missed her a lot.  When I went to get her at the airport, I took Katie with me. I thought she'd love the airport.  I thought she'd love running in all of the wide spaces, I thought she'd love seeing the airplanes (she points them out anytime she sees one in the sky), and I knew that she'd be excited to see her Aunt Jennifer. However, she decided to fall asleep on the way to the airport and not wake up again until we were back in the car. So much for that idea.

The normal drive back from the airport takes around 15 minutes, and our drive was somewhere around three hours long, thanks to the traffic. Our "short" trip home was 10 minutes short of Jennifer's flight from Minneapolis.

When we finally got home, we enjoyed dinner, and Katie enjoyed her presents from Wisconsin.

What's on my head? 

Grandma, you're a cheese head! 

 Who is Bucky Badger? I'll have to ask Grandpa!

I got a sweatshirt from Grandpa's college, The University of Wisconsin! 

This cheese feels pretty soft. I wonder if I can eat it. 
(She did try to take a bite later.) 

What did you say, Winnie?  You want some cheese, too? 

This is okay without the strap under my chin. 

Why did you stretch that strap around my chin? 

This cheese has many purposes. I love you, Aunt Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment