Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Water Balloons

Katie decided that she wanted to make water balloons this summer, but she didn't want a lot of help other than tying the balloon. I showed her how to fill up the first balloon. She was so excited to throw it across the patio and watch it burst as the water went flying. After that, she was ready to try on her own.

As she put water into the balloon, she was worried she'd overfill it, so she played it safe and hardly filled it up at all. She was still excited about it and threw it on the ground and watched it bounce. She threw it again and watched it bounce. We talked a little bit about why the first balloon broke and the second one bounced. She quickly made the connection that more water stretched the balloon more which made it easier to break. She wasn't upset about her balloon not breaking though. She just decided that her small water balloon could be a squeeze ball! 

I was so happy with my water balloon!

I couldn't wait to watch it burst open!

Kabam!

It didn't break! It just bounced in the yard!

I threw it again. The dogs were excited to see it break too!

 I discovered I could squeeze my balloon pretty hard without it breaking.

I could pull on it too!

Maybe I was just meant to have a squeeze ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment