Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July, 2013

Our 4th of July began with our annual neighborhood bike parade and picnic. Last year, Katie watched the parade from her stroller. This year, Garyldine and Jim were nice enough to decorate Katie's tricycle, so she could take part in the action. When Katie first saw her tricycle, she was excited. Then shortly after, something scared her, and she wouldn't get back on it. She still was in the parade. We just had to push the empty tricycle next to her. We ended up at our neighborhood park, and Katie was excited to get a bag of popcorn at the picnic.

I loved my decorated tricycle when I first saw it! 

Even when I got scared of the tricycle,
I still had fun watching Garyldine on it! 

A nice girl gave me this necklace while we waited for the parade to start. 

I stopped on the parade route to give Grandpa this rock I found.

I walked part of parade route with Grandma.

I couldn't wait to eat my popcorn.


Later in the day, I took Katie out for a walk. When we returned, Katie was no longer scared of the tricycle decorations and decided to play on it for awhile. 

This doesn't look too scary.

I love these pinwheels!

Who wouldn't want these balloons?

Wait! I hear birds! I always put my hand by my ear like this, so other people know I'm listening for something important.


Once the sun went down, we took Katie in front of our house to watch the neighborhood fireworks. I wasn't sure how Katie would react. Last year, I had to wake her up to show her the fireworks, and she didn't care one way or the other. This year, she really liked watching them. The only thing she didn't like about it was the smell once in awhile. "Stinky! Ewwww!"

So that's what fireworks are! 

They're fun to watch! 

I love the colors! 

I don't know why Chloe and Bingle don't like this. 

I liked the big fireworks like this one. 

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment