Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Appreciating Nature

We decided to take Katie to one of the most peaceful botanical gardens we have ever visited. It feels like you're miles away from a city. We went fairly early on a weekday, so there were no crowds and Katie could just enjoy. She was so happy there.

Her favorite discovery was a huge leaf that had fallen on the walking path. She picked up the dying leaf, which turned into a bouquet of leaves. She never picked them off the trees. She only took the ones that were on the path, and she was thankful with what she got.

As we got close to the car, I tried to convince Katie to let the leaves live in the soil with the plants. She was having none of that though and insisted on taking them home. The one bad thing about carrying her leaf bouquet all over is that her allergies were terrible that day. She didn't even seem to care. Her experience more than surpassed the annoyance of allergies.

Before our walk began, I had to do a quick twirl! 

I really liked looking at these flowers until I saw a crawling ant. 

This is what they looked like at a safe distance from the ant. 

The trees were all so tall that I couldn't quit looking up at them. 

I stole my mom's camera, so she had to switch to her phone for awhile. 

I still love pink flowers. 

I'm getting better at taking pictures. 

Look at this giant leaf! 

It's bigger than my head! 

I had so many leaves that I had to give the camera back. 

I love being out in nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment