Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Baby

I loved dolls throughout my childhood, so when I adopted Katie, I couldn't wait to share the love of dolls. She received a baby doll as a gift on her first Christmas. She held it once in a while, but for the most part, she didn't care too much about it. Although I was a little disappointed, I put it away in her closet. I'd get it out once in awhile to see if she was interested, and then it would go back in her closet.

Recently though, she has been interested in babies. She points babies out all the time in stores. I love to hear her say "baby." It's like a cross between baby and bee-by. With her new interest, I thought she might like the doll, but I didn't push it on her.

One morning, Katie was playing in her room and found the doll's bottle. She came over and said, "Baby?" I went and retrieved the doll, and she has liked it ever since. The baby still has not replaced Winnie the Pooh in her heart, but she does like to have it close.

I brought my baby on my evening walk. 

Look this way, Baby! 

It takes a lot of responsibility to take care of a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment