Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer Dance Class

I decided to register Katie for a summer dance class since she loves to dance along with her music that she makes up. We'll see how the summer goes and see if she'll continue in the fall. Katie was a little nervous for her first time in class, but she didn't let it deter her from taking part in everything. The class teaches her a lot of good skills beyond just dance - listening to and following multi-step directions, waiting patiently for a turn, and social skills.  I think she'll really enjoy the class, especially now that the first one is over. When she got home, she started practicing all of her new dance moves that she learned.

I'm dressed and ready to go! 

This is my first time going over to the circle.
I'm a little nervous. 

I learned how to put my feet together and make my knees go up and down like a butterfly's wings. 

We got to twirl with our arms in the air! 

We danced while we held hands in a circle.
I'm used to that from my music class! 

I love to dance in a circle! 

I'm having fun right now! 

I'm trying to listen to my teacher carefully. 

I try to do everything my teacher does. 

I learned what a line was. We walked in a line together! 

I had to get exactly two scarves - one for each hand. 

We danced with these stars. I had to know what color I was holding. 

I practiced my jumping skills with these hula hoops. 

I got to walk on this beam with my teacher's help.
I loved this! 

At the end, I got to choose two stickers. I chose matching bee stickers and put them on my shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment