Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Out the Back Window

In the last posting, I mentioned how much we like to look out our back window for any creatures we may see. Yesterday morning, we had a surprise visitor, which thrilled Katie.

A raccoon!

Yes, it is strange to see a raccoon in daylight, but it was still exciting to see something out of the ordinary. I was the one who spotted the raccoon first. I told Katie to hurry and come see the raccoon, and she moved faster across the floor than I have ever seen her move. I went quickly to get my camera and started taking pictures when we got another surprise.

The raccoon had a friend.

At this point, Katie started shouting, "Hi, raccoons!" and jumping up and down on the couch. We watched the raccoons as they hunted and played until they disappeared into the blackberry bushes. We were shocked when we saw them again about a half hour later as they continued their hunt. 

No one will be surprised to hear that Katie burst out into "Old McDonald Had a Farm. E I E I O! And on that farm, he had a 'coon! E I E I O!"

Can you spot the second raccoon? 

One liked to crawl on this rock. 

The top raccoon was about to jump right next to the bottom one and scare it! 

The raccoons acted cautiously most of the time.

The started heading back towards our house. 

They continued to look for food. 

Later in the day, we spotted the raccoons behind the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment