Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Toobers & Zots

A little while ago, Jennifer brought home something for Katie called Toobers & Zots. (See what they look like by clicking here.) I had never heard of this toy, but Katie was interested right away. She dumped all of the pieces out of the bucket, and quickly pointed at it and said, "Mess!" Jennifer showed her that some of the pieces had little dots in them that could be punched out, and that alone kept her entertained for a long time.

The thing I love about this toy is that it opens up imagination. Katie's still a little young to create detailed objects with her foam pieces, but she really likes to watch and help as someone else creates. The things she loves best in her bucket are the toobers. They are long foam pieces with a bendable wire in the middle, so she can twist and turn them into whatever she wants. Over time, her creations have taken more time to create. The other night she made a seat belt, and she had created a latch for it to help it close.

The thing her toober becomes most often is a horse. She rides on her imaginary horse as she shouts, "Yee Haw! Giddy up, horse!" Of course, she always gets someone else a horse to ride with her and often gets her riding partner an interesting cowboy hat.

Yee Haw! Giddy up, Horse! 

I gave Gaga a small horse and a cowboy hat! 

This was my guitar. 

This is just part of the mess every time I dump the bucket out. 

A toober can sometimes be used with my other kitchen tools. 

I'm fishing off the back deck. 

I think I may have caught one!

I invented this seatbelt. It's handy for holding my saxophone!

No comments:

Post a Comment