Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Missing Grandma

As I've posted, my mom was out of town for a little over a week. Oh, how Katie missed her! She is so used to having her grandma around, and she didn't quite know how to feel without her. At times she was mad that she couldn't find her. Other times, she was confused about where she was. A lot of times, she was sad. I did my best to talk with her about when she would see her grandma again, but it didn't do a lot of good.

Katie calls my mom "Gaga." Of course, we naturally think of Lady Gaga with that name, and it makes us laugh. While Lady Gaga was gone, we heard a lot of, "Gaga? GAGA!!! Gaga…." When she would tell us a story, it usually had a lot to do with Gaga.

One night, we thought it would help if Katie saw my mom, so we tried Skype for a short while. Katie was excited to see her, but once we said our goodbyes, Katie ran to the front door yelling for Gaga to come in and see her.

The day before my mom returned, I was playing with Katie, and she found one of her play cell phones and decided to call Gaga.  It turned into quite a search for Grandma.

Gaga! 

Where are you?

Searching for Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment