Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Playing with Blocks

Katie's friends, Nick and Marie, gave her some blocks for Christmas. The set works together to create six different picture puzzles of animals. Even though Katie can't put the pictures together by herself yet, she loves the blocks. She started off by spending lots of time stacking the blocks into a tall tower, but recently she has figured out how to put all 16 blocks flat in the box. Maybe picture-creating will come next.

Katie has done something just with herself that makes us laugh, and the behavior has now transferred to her blocks. I've written in the past about how Katie loves to have her fake, and very dramatic, falls to the ground. Now, before she typically partakes in one of her falls, she warns us. As she feels a fall coming, she says, "Ahh, ah-ah-ah-ah, ahh" as she does a funny dance as she's pretending to lose her balance. When she finally falls, she exclaims, "Ohhh!" following by a quiet, "Help" with her hand reaching up for us. It cracks us up!

When she builds tall towers with her blocks, the blocks start to get wobbly. When they get wobbly, she starts exclaiming, "Ahh, ah-ah-ah, ahh…" while she holds her hands out around the tower waiting for the blocks to fall!

I think I'll just move a few of these blocks. 

Looks perfect! 

Please tell me she's not going to make those blocks crash! 

I know Bingle likes my towers, so I'll build one for her.
(My mom thinks my morning hair is funny, but sometimes it gets in my way!) 

I knew that was coming! That's why I had my hands out! 

Oh no! Now what?
(I love this picture of Katie! She never used to put her tongue out like that until I decided to show her how I can curl my tongue. After seeing me do that, she started making this face.) 

I'll just start again. I don't give up very easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment