Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Sleigh Ride

The last thing we did before leaving Leavenworth was to take a horse-drawn sleigh ride. Even though it was freezing cold - especially once we got out of the sun - it was so much fun. Our driver was very entertaining, and Katie loved doing something with real horses. It was the best way to end our trip!

My mom asked me to stand by this moose, but I wasn't sure I trusted it was a moose!

We were getting ready to get on our sleigh.

All ready to go!

When we started, the sun kept us a little warm.

It wasn't long before the trees blocked our sun, and it got cold! Every time I saw those horses in front of me, I exclaimed, "Look! Horses!"

I didn't even recognize Grandma!

The trees looked pretty with the snow on them.

At this point, we all got to sing, "Jingle Bells!" When we finished, I made sure to tell the horses, "Go faster!"

We stopped during our sleigh ride for hot cider, and I got to see the horses up close. The man said I could pet their noses, but I decided to just look at them.

I was the only one who didn't drink hot apple cider. I wanted ice water.

It was almost time to get back on the sleigh,...

 …but first we had to get a picture.

Thanks for taking us, horses!

No comments:

Post a Comment