Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Trip to Leavenworth, Washington

My mom, sister, and I decided to take Katie on a road trip to Leavenworth last weekend as part of our holiday celebrations. Quite awhile back, Leavenworth, Washington's Bavarian Village was named "Ultimate HolidayTown USA" by the A&E Network, and it was with good reason. The whole village shines with Christmas lights by night and Christmas spirit by day. It also feels cold enough to be next door neighbors with the North Pole! 

After arriving in Leavenworth late in the afternoon, we explored the town a bit. We had a nice pizza dinner and spent some time in the lit-up park area of town.  Brrrr!


This was the park in the middle of town. I thought the trees were "beautiful!" 

I had to stand by some of the giant, lit up trees. I tried not to slide off from where I was standing. 

This was the lit-up hotel across the street from the park. 

No one was in the gazebo, so I went onstage for a dance!  

Grandma was waiting on the sidewalk for me. It's hard to see her since she was so bundled up in her coat! 

I really liked this car. It was all covered in Christmas lights and even had a lit-up deer on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment