Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The First Carousel Ride

My mom, Jennifer, Katie, and I went to the mall to try to finish our Christmas shopping. At one point, my mom and Jennifer had to go somewhere without me, so I hung out with Katie. It wasn't long before the flashing lights of the carousel in the distance caught Katie's eyes, so we went to check it out. There was an empty table right next to the carousel, so we sat down and watched as kids took their turn on the horses. As they went around in circles, Katie would wave and tell me, "I want to go on the horse!"

I asked her to be patient and wait and ask Aunt Jennifer when she returned since I easily get motion sickness. She alternated between looking at the carousel and looking backwards to see if Aunt Jennifer was coming yet. Jennifer finally made it and happily agreed to take Katie on the ride.

Katie loved the whole thing. Jennifer said it was hard to get pictures because of the movement and she was so close to Katie, but I still think the joy on Katie's face is obvious!

I loved the horse I got to sit on! 

I loved the lights! 

I loved going up and down! 

I loved having a handle to keep me steady! 

I loved seeing my mom and grandma as we passed! 

I loved going in circles! 

I loved Aunt Jennifer for going with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment