Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Eve, 2013

We had our annual Christmas Eve celebration last night. Garyldine, Jim, and Aunt Jody joined us for pizza and a funny gift exchange. Christmas Eve is the night that Katie gets to share all of the gifts that she chose for other people at the dollar store. She loves to hand them out and gets so excited to see people open the gifts - excited enough for clapping and jumping up and down. She was especially proud this year because she helped to wrap her own gifts.

Since Jim doesn't get off work until later in the day, Katie was happy to get the chance to stay up late and happy to keep herself busy until our guests arrived. She wanted to dress up, so she wore the dress my mom found for her when we were in Leavenworth. It's a twirl-worthy dress for sure!

After dinner and gifts, Katie went to bed in dreams that St. Nicholas soon would be there!

While I waited for everyone to arrive, I jumped on the trampoline,...

...found the Thanksgiving pot to sit in,...

...looked at the tree,...

...sang "Jingle Bells,"...

...examined the presents I wrapped,...

...put my feet up on my mom's present,...

...and arranged our ornaments!
Then Garyldine, Jim, and Aunt Jody arrived!

I picked out this special blue hat at the dollar store for myself, and...

this special gold hat for Garyldine. She was so excited to match me!

While I waited for dinner, I stopped for a picture with Grandpa.

At dinner, Jim asked to wear my blue hat, so I decided he could wear it all night.

Aunt Jody helped me open the present she gave me.

It was a sparkly, dog purse!

I loved it!

I had fun watching Garyldine and Jim open the clown fish I gave them.

Aunt Jody loved the snake I picked out for her.

Grandpa was really happy because he knew my gift to him was coming. I gave him a toy dolphin.

Garyldine and Gaga were so impressed with the race cars I gave Gaga. I think Jim was jealous.

While we were busy opening gifts, Chloe was interested in opening some gifts of her own.

Garyldine and Jim gave me some Elf on the Shelf pajamas! I loved looking for the elf every day.

We decided to give the glued jigsaw puzzle back to Garyldine that she gave to us this summer.  She bought it at a garage sale to be nice to the man who made it. I added jewels to the back of it to make it sparkle!

Aunt Jennifer added pictures of Garyldine, Jim, and Aunt Jody to the front. They were part of the jigsaw scenery!

Chloe finally found a gift to open.

I think Garyldine really liked her pet zombie action figure.

I was supposed to be done opening gifts, but Garyldine let me open one more.

She gave me mint chocolates that I shared with everyone.

Chloe was waiting for another present.

Before I took a bath, I got to twirl with Garyldine.

I love Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment