Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, December 23, 2013

First Dancing Performance

Last weekend, Katie had her first dancing performance. It was informal, but a lot of fun to watch. It was basically a modified dance class, but family and friends were invited into the dance studio to watch and take pictures. All of the students were invited to wear Christmas dresses over their leotards.

Katie was so excited to go. She loves dancing anyway. She is also getting more and more giddy about Christmas coming. She also got to wear a "princess dress," according to her. What more could she want?

Katie's class shared their warm-up exercises, several of the dances that they've been working on for awhile, and a fairly new dance. After dancing, Katie was thrilled to get a small gift from her teacher. At the very end, all of the families were invited to have refreshments. No cookies or juice for Katie. She chose to eat one saltine cracker, and she thought it was delicious!

Before the dancing started, I spent my time running in circles and giggling with my friends. 

We always begin our class by getting new stickers to put on our ballet shoes. I love stickers! 

Some of our warm-up exercises are done on our stomachs. 

We showed everyone how we could march in a line. 

Our line always spreads out a little. I love marching! 

We have to hop on one foot in one of our songs, and it's HARD! I did it though. I hopped two times on one foot! 

We had special places to stand for our new dance. 

Dancing makes me happy! 

I love tip-toe turns! 

We got to show the snow falling down with our fingers. 

My teacher gave me a beautiful necklace, a shiny magic wand, and a princess coloring sheet. It was such a nice surprise! 

After the show, I hugged one of my friends. 

I went to say hi to another friend. 

I even got a picture with my teacher. I love her!

This is our newest dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment