Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas, 2013!

My parents came over on Christmas morning to celebrate and unwrap gifts. Katie actually slept later on Christmas morning than she typically does, but she also had a very late evening the night before. I walked down the stairs with her, and she was very excited to see what Santa had left for her. She saw her new kitchen right away and was pretty happy about it, but she suddenly got very shy. She hid behind my legs and didn't want to touch anything before I did. Whatever the reason for her shyness, she recovered quickly and the kitchen became a new favorite toy.

In addition to the kitchen set, Santa had also left some toy animal figures - some zoo animals, some farm animals, and some dinosaurs. Katie quickly integrated her new animals into her kitchen, and her giraffe was her favorite guest in her new kitchen.

Since she was having so much fun with her Santa gifts, Katie took a long time to open her other gifts. She would open a few and play with her kitchen, open a few more and play with her kitchen, and the pattern continued. Even now as I type this in the early evening of Christmas, she still has three presents waiting to be unwrapped.

I got a kitchen!

Winnie the Pooh, look at these animals!

I love my horse!

I found some dinosaurs too.

Santa left me some blue cupcakes in my kitchen just like on my Christmas list!

It didn't take me long to start cooking.

I put the apron on the giraffe.

I also helped the giraffe wash his hooves.

Aunt Jennifer gave me a beautiful jewelry box with a twirling ballerina.

Gaga got a funny hat from my mom since she's always cold. It made me laugh, but it kept her warm!

Aunt Debby sent me a Scentsy hedgehog.

She also gave me a beautiful box of hair bows.

Uncle Jeff, Aunt Grace, and Ian sent me this Hawaiian doll. I love to hear her sing!

I got a sparkly tiara from Aunt Debby.

She also gave me lots of art supplies: sidewalk chalk,...

…giant coloring sheets,...

…an art kit that even had scissors and liquid glue that I loved,...

…a backpack and some art pads.

Just as I was trying to cook some more,...

…I got a phone call and had to answer my kitchen phone.

Then I had time to give my giraffe a bath and comb him.

Later that night, I decided to finish opening gifts, and I found a card from Grammy Noreen and Grandpa Joe!

They always know how to pick books I love!

Finally, I opened my card from Uncle Jeff, Aunt Grace, and Ian.

I've never seen so many words in a card. My mom is still trying to read it. While she was trying to read it, I found my friend, Winnie the Pooh, right away!
Thanks for the presents everybody! I loved everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment