Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Making a Gingerbread House, 2013

Just like last year, I had extra gingerbread-house-making supplies left over from school, so I brought some home. Katie and I had fun building a house together. She had a lot of similarities to building it a year ago - she enjoyed sampling the chocolate, she liked putting the house pieces on, and she hated getting frosting on her fingers. In the end, she was happy with the final product.

We always start with a milk carton and a plate. 

It was trickier than I thought to get the frosting spread across the whole cracker. 

Hmmm…what should I do next? 

What in the world is sticky frosting doing on my finger? 

I loved this wreath! 

I eventually just had to keep a wet napkin around to get the frosting off my fingers. 

I found a Hershey kiss. I think it belongs in my tummy and not in the house. 

I felt like we were almost done. 

I just had to add lots and lots of sprinkles for the final touch. 

Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment