Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Last Morning in Leavenworth

When we woke up on our last morning of our trip, the sun was shining, but it was still cold. It was in the single digit temperatures when we woke up, and the high temperature for the day was a mere 14 degrees. After we went out to breakfast, Jennifer tried to teach Katie to make snowballs. They didn't have a lot of success since the snow was so powdery, but Katie had fun anyway. Afterwards, we went back to town for some last-minute shopping.

I had fun making "snowballs." They were more like handfuls of snow. 

Here it comes! 

That was a pretty good throw! 

When I threw the snowball this time, the snow flew into my face. Whoops! 

The main street in town was blocked off, and there were fire pits to help keep people warm. 

There were fire hand-warming stations behind me. I couldn't feel the warmth though. 

It was a pretty, but frigid, day! 

The shops were very busy. 

I liked walking through town. 

I had to get a picture with Aunt Jennifer and Grandma, but I was a little scared about getting too close to the fire. 

I got tired walking back to the hotel, so my mom had to carry me for awhile. 

As we were getting ready to leave the hotel, I played in front of the mirror. Full-length mirrors are one of my favorite things in hotel rooms. I've loved mirrors from the time I was a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment