Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

First Sledding Experience

In the middle of Leavenworth is the town park. It has a little hill in it that all of the kids sled on whenever there is snow. Jennifer decided to buy Katie a sled in town, so she could experience the fun. She took Katie to the top of the hill while I waited at the bottom. On the first ride, Katie went on her own. Once the sled picked up some speed, she didn't know what to do, and her face looked scared most of the way down. She didn't cry until she had stopped, and she said she didn't want to do it again.

Jennifer didn't want Katie to be scared of sledding, so she quickly pulled Katie back to the top of the hill and went down in the sled with her the second time. It changed Katie's whole outlook to have someone in the sled with her. She giggled all the way down the hill with company. Jennifer and Katie went down the hill quite a few times. Now Jennifer is planning on taking her to our local mountains, so she can go sledding again!

Aunt Jennifer told me I was going sledding, but I wasn't sure what she meant. 

This was the only picture my mom got of me sledding on my own. She was concerned about my scared face, so she didn't quite get me in the picture! 

I don't think I want to go again.

This time Aunt Jennifer went with me, and it was fun! 

She pulled me around on the sled for awhile. 

I pulled the sled around for awhile. 

I asked Aunt Jennifer if we could go again, and she practically ran up the hill! 

It was fun!

Down the Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment