Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

58 Days

You may remember reading about the balloon that Garyldine gave Katie that got loose from it's string and ended up on our living room ceiling on the first day that Katie had it. We waited for it to come down and waited and waited and waited and waited some more. Fifty-eight days later, Katie and I came down in the morning, and Katie spotted the balloon that had finally begun to sink. I quickly stood on the couch to grab it, and it almost slipped out of my fingers as it started going back up to the ceiling. I was determined to keep hold of it though.

Katie insisted on keeping the balloon until everyone had seen that it was down, so we wedged it in between her table and chairs. Once she had shown everyone, she happily agreed to let the air out of it and donate it to my mom.

This was what happened to my balloon the first day I had it. 

58 long days later, I saw that the balloon had finally started to lower. 

I didn't think it would ever come off the ceiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment