Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July, 2014!

For this 4th of July, we followed the traditions we have set in the last few years. We started with our neighborhood "parade" of bikes, strollers, wagons, etc. The weather was so much nicer than it had been predicted. It was supposed to be cool and cloudy in the morning, but we had bright sunny warmth! Katie was excited for the parade. She chose to take her wagon in the parade and decorate it with shiny stars. She took her decorating very seriously. After she added her stars, she decided that her Winnie the Pooh gang needed to ride in the wagon with her.

Then it was time to walk to our local school for the start of the parade.  After a short wait where Katie looked at all of the decorations, we started down the parade route. It was a pretty quick but happy trek to our park where refreshments were served and games were played. Katie enjoyed it.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed while we waited for the fireworks. Once again, we just decided to watch the fireworks in our own neighborhood since there are plenty available to watch.  It was a nice holiday!

It seems to be my 4th of July tradition to scrape my knees! I shouldn't race with Chloe on our driveway. It usually involves bloody knees when I wear shorts! 

I helped clean my wagon before the parade. 

Do you want a cleaning turn? 

After I helped hang the stars and got my stuffed animals and sunglasses, I was ready to go! 

There were a lot of bikes lined up for the parade. 

Grandma and I had fun as we travelled the parade route. 

My stuffed animals enjoyed it too. 

Once we got to the park, Aunt Jennifer pushed me on the swing while everyone else stood in line for food.

I tried the hot dog minus the bun or any toppings.

 We watched the tug-of-war game while we ate.

Then I played on the play structure. When I got to the slide, it was too hot for my legs, so... 

…Garyldine took me on her lap. 

 Garyldine and I love to slide!

I talked to some new kids. 

It was a really fun morning!

When the sun went down, we just had to go to our driveway to see some fireworks.

They were pretty good-sized.

Eventually we got chairs to sit in while we watched the show.

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment