Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, July 21, 2014

A Rainy Day at the Zoo

My mom and I decided to take Katie to the zoo on a rainy, summer day. After being there, we decided that rainy days were perfect for the zoo. We could see any animal that we wanted to see without any big crowds. It was perfect!

I was so excited to take my umbrella! 

On this trip, I got to see four black bears! 

I liked to just watch him sleep. 

I couldn't believe when I saw the Hottentot Teal. "It has a blue beak - just like Cinderella!"

The condors are new to our zoo.

The polar bear was just resting. 

I was waiting for him to move, but he never did. 

Next we went to the monkey house. This monkey was hungry. He liked vegetables just like me! 

Right after my mom took this picture, this monkey turned around and was nose to nose with me through the glass. We locked eyes for awhile. I didn't even get scared. It was funny!

The elephants were moved to this temporary spot while their new area is being built. 

We found out that the three lion cubs don't look little anymore. 

 The cheetahs were tired, but we had a good view of them!

 The African wildcat was tired, and...

…so were the hippos!

We stopped to see my favorite giraffes. 

It was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment