Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Artwork

I'm not sure what made Katie remember it, but she remembered using sidewalk chalk out in front of our house last year. She pretty easily convinced her Aunt Jennifer to get out the chalk and take part in some new artwork with her.

We found a brand new box of chalk in the garage. 

I chose Cinderella blue to start with. 

Then I drew her castle. 

I couldn't believe how blue my hand got! 

Aunt Jennifer's picture was beautiful. 

I was having fun just drawing. 

Then Aunt Jennifer taught me how to play Hopscotch. 

I'm pretty good at hopping and jumping. 

We had a lot of artwork on the ground. 

My mom got distracted by the new wildflowers by our house. 

Then I spent some time finding some little holes in the blacktop. 

I was looking for houses for the little pebbles. 

Aunt Jennifer and I traced our feet. My feet are almost as big as hers! 

Later, Aunt Jennifer was trying to trade chalk with me. I was good at taking her chalk but not as good at giving her some of my chalk. 

At the end, we decided that I was so dirty that we might as well color my legs too.
It was a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment