Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Vancouver Science World

After China Town, Jennifer and I walked Katie over to Vancouver's Science World. When we paid for our tickets, we were asked if we wanted to see a movie. We said no until we found out it was included in the price of our tickets that day. We decided to see the movie on the Arctic. The movie was starting in a few minutes, so we headed there first. We took the elevator to the second floor and started to walk up a ramp. We walked up and up and up and up. We didn't realize that we had to walk to the top of the globe that formed the dome on the building. Luckily we made it just as the movie was starting. Since we were learning about arctic life, it wasn't the most upbeat movie in the world with global warming affecting life there, but we were so happy that it didn't show any polar bears getting killed. The movie actually provided Katie a resting time after our walk there.

After the movie, Katie got to explore the exhibits. She loved every minute of it there and didn't want to leave when we left. She would have been happy there for the whole day!

This was the museum from the outside. Our movie was in the top of the globe.

After our movie, we found these big building blocks! 

I built a tall tower! 

They were a lot of fun! 

Then I explored with water.

I watched my boat go down the stream. 

Then I found a ball. 

I set up a barrier, but the ball still got through it! 

I turned on the train's lights and made it go in circles. 

They had all sorts of different drums to play. 

I liked to listen to the different sounds. 

They even had a piano I could walk on! 

I tried this challenge but didn't understand the light trick. 

The apple was supposed to be right here! I could see it, but I couldn't grab it! 

Where did it go? 

This was one of my favorite stations. I shot the balls into the air with an air gun. The balls would land in a tall pool and travel down slides to this low pool, where I could grab the balls and start all over again! 

Aunt Jennifer wanted us to be squirrels, but I wasn't sure why. 

I found a balance beam that reminded me of my dance class. 

I tried to build some arm muscles. 

This is where I learned about beaver dams. 

Finally, I saw a really big dinosaur! I LOVED this museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment