Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Acting Out a Book

One of Katie's favorite authors is Mo Willems. She really likes his Pigeon books and his Elephant & Piggie books. Recently, she got a new Elephant & Piggie book called Let's Go For a Drive! The first night she had it, she wanted it for a bedtime story. After reading it once, she asked me to read it again. After that time, she asked me to read it three times. After three times, she asked me to read it five times. After five times, she asked me to read it ten times.

I went along with her up to five times that first night and then told her it was her turn to read. I wasn't surprised when she read it at least ten times herself. The thing that's great with those books is that it really encourages reading with expression. It's so much fun to hear her.

After a few days of reading the book, she started acting out the book with me. She ended up getting a lot of the key props needed for the book - a map (that she drew), sunglasses (pretend ones), an umbrella, bags, and plenty of personality. 

In case my mom forgot the storyline, I helped her act it out with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment