Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Stanley Park

The following morning, we left the first "Big House" in order to make it to Canada. On the way out of the hotel, we got in the elevator and an alarm started sounding. My mom and I stepped out while the alarm continued, and the doors closed on Garyldine and Jennifer. Turns out that someone accidentally hit the emergency button in the elevator. I won't name names, but I'm pretty sure the culprit had red hair.

Following the elevator incident, we had breakfast and got out of town after a quick detour through a nice, old cemetery. It was a pretty quick hop to the Canadian border. For awhile, we thought that they might not let Katie pass through. I had never gotten her a passport, so I took her American birth certificate and her citizenship papers like the Canadian website had requested. Well, the website never specified that they needed originals, so we took copies. "Why did you just bring copies? How far away do you live?" In the end, the lady told us that she would let Katie go through, but we needed to be prepared to prove Katie's citizenship on the way back into the United States. We put that piece of information in the back of our heads and continued onto Vancouver.

Since we got to Vancouver early in the day, we had extra time before the check-in time at the hotel. We decided to go to Stanley Park. It's such a beautiful park with plenty of parking, which was great. We were expecting rainy days while we were there, but the weather surprised us. It was beautiful!

One of the first things we found in the park was a secret tunnel to walk through.

There was a pond at the back of the tunnel.

Then I noticed that there were little daisy-like flowers growing in the grass. 

I picked some for Garyldine. 

I almost forgot to give one to my mom when everyone else had them. 

The park was pretty, no matter which direction you looked. 

I also found a leaf on the ground that I gave to someone special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment