Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Summer Dance Class

I took Katie to her first summer dance class at the end of June. She was excited to see her teacher, Ms. Moriah, again and to see her friend, Arrabella, who was also going to be in her class. When we arrived, I went to pay for the classes, and I was asked how old Katie was. They had thought that Katie had already turned 4, so they had put her in Moriah's class for 4-5 year olds.

When I told them that Katie was still 3, they moved her to Ms. Jessica's class for the summer. I knew Katie would do fine during the class, but I wondered what she'd think about the change. I explained that she had a new teacher for the summer, and with the change, came a whole new class. No Ms. Moriah. No Arrabella.

Katie did a good job following directions for the entire class. When she got done, she received a stamp just like Ms. Moriah gave her. Then I waited for her response. She was so happy because Ms. Jessica had sparkly ink for the stamp. Also, she was happy about the class. She still speaks highly of Ms. Moriah, but was happy to share with anyone that, "I have a new teacher!" Change gets a little easier for her slowly but surely.

I had a big class, so we sat in a big circle! 

I was the first one to get to meet Ms. Jessica. 

Dancing makes me so happy! 

During one of the songs, we got to pretend to be asleep. 

It was fun to have a new class. 

This is how my teacher curtsies. I tried really hard to copy her.

We each got to practice with the ribbon at the end of class.
When I got done, I tried to curtsy like my teacher. It's harder than it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment