Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Building Castles

Awhile back, Garyldine got Katie some wooden castle blocks. Katie re-discovered them recently and invited Jennifer to build with her. At first, she was happy creating their own castles out of the blocks. Then, she decided that they had to build the castle in the instructions.

During this building session, Jennifer taught Katie the very important lesson in life, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." Every time something would fall and Katie would hang her head, Jennifer would say, "If at first you don't succeed," and Katie would respond, "Try, try again," and lift her head up and start over.

This was the first tower I built. I wanted a tall tower.

I love to build with Aunt Jennifer! 

After each step, I'd check our work. 

I learned that balance was important. 

I decided to compare our castle with the castle in my princess book. 

All of our effort paid off in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment