Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Taking Off for Canada

My mom, Jennifer, Garyldine, Katie, and I took a trip to Vancouver, British Columbia to see a Michael Buble concert and to visit the city. It came at a rather crazy time of the year, but it was a fun trip nonetheless! Katie was just excited to go on a trip. She loves to travel, and she loves to stay in hotels. Ever since we took her to Leavenworth, she refers to any hotel as "The Big House" since the hotel there sort of resembled a house. So when she found out she was on her way to stay at "The Big House," she was thrilled!

We left on a Thursday after I had finished my last day at school. We got out of town late and drove most of the way there. Katie carried her bags in and happily got ready for bed. She was so excited that she didn't fall asleep until close to midnight.

We chose to eat at Subway. I chose a little pizza that ended up all over my face.

After I ate, I practiced my ballet moves.

When we got back in the car, everyone tried on my sunglasses. First Garyldine tried them.

Then Grandma wanted to try them on.

Finally my mom tried them on.

I was a good traveller, but sometimes the car trip seemed long when I thought of the fun that was waiting for me.

I was excited to stay in "The Big House!"

No comments:

Post a Comment