Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Seeing Michael Buble

After Katie's big day in the aquarium and Stanley Park, we all tried to encourage her to take a nap when we got to the hotel. That didn't happen even with our prompting, so I had a lot of doubt that Katie would stay awake through our Michael Buble concert that night. As we got ready for the concert, Katie definitely knew who she was going to see. She was also wondering if she would see The Count, from Sesame Street because she had seen a Michael Buble Instagram video guest starring The Count. She handled the news well when I told her that The Count was out of town.

Katie stayed awake for the opening act, Naturally 7, and loved the whole thing. Her head bobbed to the music, she kept the beat with her hands, and she danced with Garyldine. By the time Michael Buble came out, Katie was awake for at least his first song, but then she fell asleep and nothing could wake her! I was really hoping she'd be awake for the end of the concert because I knew she'd love it, but I understood why she was tired. We all had enough fun for us and her too.

After the concert, we decided to surpass the public transportation lines and walk the mile or so back to the hotel. For someone so little, Katie felt awfully heavy after that mile, but we made it!

I was awake to see the theater. I liked the lights. 

Garyldine bought me popcorn before the concert started.
My mom thought it might keep me awake, but…

…it didn't.

I missed when Michael Buble and Naturally 7 came to the second stage that was really close to us.

I didn't even wake up for all of the confetti.

I just slept soundly, and...

…continued to get buried in it.

On the way home, I woke up long enough for a picture with Vancouver's steam clock.
I may not have been awake for the concert, but I've talked a lot about Michael Buble since then, and I love to request his music in the car and at the dinner table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment