Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, December 5, 2014

Getting to Disneyland

We got to Disneyland fairly early in the day. The only problem with that was that we couldn't get into our hotel rooms when we got there. The hotel held our suitcases for us, but we were unable to change from our warm clothes from home until later in the afternoon. All of us but Katie had long sleeve shirts, and we had 90 degree weather. It was a very hot afternoon in the California sun. At the same time, it was very exciting to get there.

As we walked down Main Street, we looked for somewhere to have lunch. We were glad to find the Jolly Holiday cafe, one of the places we were hoping to visit. After getting energized from lunch, we made our way past the castle and had a look around.

While my mom rested, Jennifer and I took Katie to Toon Town. Katie decided she wanted to go through Minnie Mouse's house. It was at that point that we were initiated to lines at Disneyland. We must have stood in the hot sun for about an hour, but we stuck it out and finally made it in. Katie loved looking at her house and playing with some of the things in there. At the end of the tour, Katie had a chance to meet Minnie. I honestly didn't know how she'd react to the characters, but she walked over to Minnie. Minnie spun her in a circle, which surprised Katie. Katie must have enjoyed that Minnie was also a dancer because she was comfortable with her after that.

As soon as we left, Katie decided she wanted to visit Mickey Mouse's house. That journey seemed to go a little faster since any waiting time was done indoors.  Just as she was comfortable with Minnie, Katie was also happy to meet Mickey.

After our visit with fame, we made our way back to the hotel and got our bags to our room. Later that night, we went to dinner, and Katie was thrilled when a balloon artist visited our table. She asked Katie what she would like, and surprisingly, she made Katie an Elsa out of balloons. It was a good introduction to the "Happiest Place on Earth."

I was happy to see a horse almost right after I walked through the Disneyland gates. It made me think of my sleigh ride last year! 

A real castle! It was pretty amazing for me to see! 

I went inside the castle and saw a re-creation of Sleeping Beauty. 

We were all glad to find a little shade at Minnie Mouse's house as we waited to get in. 

Minnie has what I've always wanted…a vanity! 

Her kitchen was fun to play in. The lights came on in the oven so I could see what Minnie was cooking. 

I also checked what was in her refrigerator. 

Minnie Mouse was a girl after my own heart! 

I loved Mickey, too! He greeted me with a big hug. 

Disneyland was even better than I dreamed it would be! 

Mickey left me with a kiss!

When we left Mickey's house, I practiced driving his car before we went back to the hotel. 

At the hotel, we found a huge gingerbread house! It smelled really good. 

After dinner, I got my own Elsa made out of balloons!

No comments:

Post a Comment