Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A "Gingerbread" House

Every year at school, we make small gingerbread houses, and I bring home some of the leftover supplies to make a house with Katie. This year, I got her all excited about making her gingerbread house, and we got out all of the supplies, only to realize that I forgot to bring home graham crackers.

At that point, Katie was so excited that she didn't want to wait until I could get the graham crackers, so she said, "Let's just use those white crackers!"

I've never thought of making a house with saltine crackers, but Katie wouldn't give up on the idea. We gave it a try, and it actually turned out pretty cute. Maybe we should continue making Saltine Houses in the future!

 I was ready to go even though we didn't have graham crackers!

I experimented different ways of holding the knife. It was hard to use when I held it at the very end. 

I also tried using both hands before I perfected my technique. 

I was pretty good at putting my crackers on the house. 

I didn't even get upset when I got frosting on my fingers this year! 

I decorated with M&Ms on some sides, and... 

…marshmallows on the other sides. 

It was fun to decorate! 

Every house needs a green sprinkle sidewalk. 

It also needs Christmas sprinkles around the outside. 

I thought it looked pretty good! 

What do you think? 

I wanted to make sure to point out the doorbell I insisted on adding. 

I love my Saltine House!

No comments:

Post a Comment