Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Trying to Get Home

Our shuttle had to take us to the airport a little earlier than we would have liked, but we had to go according to their schedule. That meant that we'd just have some extra time at the airport, which we could manage. Then on the way to the airport, Jennifer found out that our flight had a two hour delay! That meant, we'd be spending a good four or so hours waiting in the airport. Well, our two hour delay turned into a little over a three hour delay. After a trip, it's hard to be faced with a delay that's longer than your actual flight! Katie managed well though. She finds ways to entertain herself. In the last half hour, she kept asking where our plane was, but she was always well-behaved. I really couldn't ask for a better traveler.

Katie fell asleep about ten minutes before we got on the plane and then slept through our whole flight. We finally landed back at home around 1:30 a.m., had to retrieve our car out of long term parking, got home, discovered we were locked out of our house, had to go wake Garyldine up for our extra key, and walked into our house at 2:30. After a bit more excitement for Katie, we finally got to bed. At 7:30 the next morning, Katie woke me up and told me, "Why are you sleeping so late? The sun is up!" Back to our routine!

While we waited in the airport, I turned the handle on Aunt Jennifer's suitcase into a microphone. 

I decided to sing every song I knew and perform a dance with it. I started pretty softly and then got louder and louder.

I think I helped pass the time for everyone! 

This was just part of my performance.

By the time the plane came, I was exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment