Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Merry Christmas, 2014!

Leading up to Christmas, Katie was so excited for Santa to come. Every night, she'd ask me, "Why is it taking Santa Claus so long to get to our house?" Eventually, she just came to understand that she was going to have what seemed like a very long wait.

After getting so used to waiting, Katie woke up on Christmas morning, completely forgetting that it was the big day. After awhile, I reminded her that Santa had made his rounds the night before. Her eyes got big in wonderment, and she excitedly exclaimed/asked, "It's Christmas day?!" That's all it took before she wanted to head down the stairs.

Katie is always funny when she sees her gifts. She's excited to see them, but it's almost like she doesn't believe the gifts are hers. She looks at them from a distance and squeals over them. Then she slowly approaches them, carefully touches them, and eventually she knows they are hers and she plays and plays and plays!

Merry Christmas!

I was excited to get downstairs to see what Santa had left! 

After looking around, I stopped to take it all in. 

Then I squealed in excitement! 

After awhile, I got comfortable enough to touch my new toys. I've been dreaming of Shopkins, and here they were!

Santa also left me a doll house! 

 Then I found a stocking! Santa gave me a beautiful Elsa necklace!

I was faster at opening presents this year. I was happy about all of them even if I wasn't sure what they were at first. 

I was so happy to get  a fairy doll set! 

I got a Hello Kitty ambulance from Uncle Jeff, Aunt Grace, and Ian! They must know I like to fix up my dolls when they get hurt or sick. 

Aunt Debby gave me some Barbie roller skates. I'm happy anytime I see the word "Barbie!" 

After I got dressed, I played a lot with all of my toys together. I used my new Barbie and fairy dolls in my dollhouse. They vacuumed the whole house. 

Then they went shopping at my Shopkins store and made dinner. It was a fun Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment