Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Friday, August 26, 2016

A Hot Afternoon

Did I mention it was hot when we were in California? The heat just seemed relentless, but you still can find ways to have fun in Disneyland.

After lunch, we decided to try the ride called Autopia because we had never ridden it. We went to wait in line and wait a little more, and wait a little more. Part of the wait wasn't too bad because it was sort of in the shade. The end of our wait was in the direct sunlight. Of course, that seemed like the longest part.

We finally got to the end of the line, and we were directed to the place to wait for our car to drive. Jennifer and Katie were going to be in one car, while my mom and I were going in another. My mom and I had a waiting place in the sunlight. Jennifer and Katie were lucky enough to have a bit of shade. Once we were there, our line came to a standstill.

After waiting on the curb for about twenty minutes, and after waiting in the twenty minute line to that point, they announced that they had to close the ride. Although it was disappointing after waiting that long, we were all able to get a Fast Pass to any ride in the park.

When we recovered from our disappointment, Jennifer took Katie on the Alice in Wonderland ride that she had been wanting to go on. After that, we made our way to see Frozen Live at the Hyperion. Katie loved seeing the live action play, and it was nice to sit in air conditioning for awhile!

My sun hat sure helped me with part of the heat, but it was really floppy after I had squeezed it in my suitcase!

I was excited to drive a car with Aunt Jennifer. Too bad they had to close the ride! 

After we left the Autopia ride, we sat down to reevaluate our plans. While we sat, Aunt Jennifer got very happy to see the stormtroopers walk by us! 

When we were waiting in another line at the Alice in Wonderland ride, I just decided to squat and wait under my hat! Even though we had hot waits, the rides made it all worth it.

As we walked to the Frozen play, I saw Ariel! 

She was my first favorite princess, and she still has a special place in my heart! 

She was smart to be standing in the shade! 

When we got to the auditorium, I tried to make do with my seat. It was sure hard to keep the seat part down! 

I loved watching the Frozen play!

No comments:

Post a Comment