Red Thread...

There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that there is an invisible red thread that connects each of us to all of the individuals who have been, currently are, and will in the future be important to us in our lives.

This red thread can stretch, twist, and bend… but will never break.

Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Old Apple Tree Walk

On the way home from the Japanese Gardens, Katie wanted to stop and show Debby and Dino the Old Apple Tree. We took them on the walking path and stopped at the fort before going home.

I'm pretty sure that Aunt Debby and Dino were impressed with the old apple tree! 

As we walked to the fort, Aunt Debby and I played. 

Can you see me? 

I love that there are sitting spots on this walk! 

We made it to the fort and I took some time to enjoy a bench and to... 

…show off my earmuffs/belt! 

We went inside some of the old buildings, and I pretended to make a pot of coffee! 

Aunt Debby tried on the soldier's jacket that I wouldn't touch. 

I wanted to walk to the top of the lookout tower, but when I walked in, I saw open steps for the first time and froze in fear. My mom had to carry me up the steps. Once we were all there, Aunt Debby showed me how to use the cannon.

Afterward, Aunt Debby agreed to twirl with me!

On the walk back to the car, I ran around trees, threw fallen apples back and forth with Dino, and... 

skipped! Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment